The Board of Directors of Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity (SCHFH) is seeking an enthusiastic, articulate,
experienced nonprofit leader to direct our organization as we solidify the growth of the past 30 years and diversify our
funding streams to better accomplish our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live. The Executive
Director manages a small team of dedicated professionals and a large community of volunteers and supporters as we
focus on providing decent, affordable homes to hard working low-income families in Clayton, Fayette and Henry County.
We are an affiliate in good standing with Habitat for Humanity International.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Persuasively represent SCHFH to high value donors, sponsors, government funders and community leaders
- Excellent fund development strategy, planning and donor cultivation abilities
- Develop and manage corporate and community partnerships
- Financial expertise to manage a yearly budget of $2 – $3 million and an asset base of over $6 million
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive Plan of Work based on the board approved Strategic Plan
- Direct the efforts of a multifunction staff
- Demonstrated record of community service
- Seven or more years of professional experience, preferably in nonprofit management, business or public
- Five or more years’ experience supervising management personnel
- Five or more years’ experience in fund raising
- MBA, Graduate degree or equivalent
- Ability to work some evenings and week-ends
- Impeccable written and oral skills
Compensations and Benefits
- Salary range of $60,000 – $80,000 based on experience
- Full-time, exempt position
- We offer medical, dental, vision and life insurance with SCHFH covering 60% of costs; 401(k) option available
- Paid time off of 20 days after first six months of service; 10 paid holidays
Our Hiring Process and Timeline
- Applications will be accepted only via email from May 10th through June 9th. Please submit a cover letter and
resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- You will be notified via email by June 23rd if you are selected to proceed to the telephone interview stage.
- Telephone interviews will be conducted the week of June 26th.
- Finalists will be invited to meet with a panel of three members from the Board of Directors during the first two
weeks of July. You will be asked to provide two work samples relevant to this position.
- Final selection will be made by July 25th .
- Anticipated start date in mid to late August.