Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity, Inc. (SCHFH), an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is a nonprofit Christian ministry that has been building homes and hope in metro Atlanta since 1986. Our volunteers work for and alongside our future homeowners to serve this mission. Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on the Habitat mission, please visit www.schabitat.org.
SCHFH seeks a professional to work as an Operations Assistant. Please submit a cover letter and full resume by Friday, June 29, 2018 at 5 PM to [email protected].
The mission of Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity is to partner with families, sponsors and communities to build, rehabilitate and repair quality homes that are affordable and to provide support services that promote successful homeownership.
Successful team members share the following characteristics:
- You believe in the value of lending a hand up
- You have a “go above and beyond” attitude
- You thrive on constructive feedback and have a high level of integrity
- You follow through on what you say you will do
- You are a creative problem solver who works across teams and with a variety of constituents
- You love results, not excuses
- You are willing to stretch yourself creatively in order to fulfill the vision of an expanding ministry
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Support
- Serve as communications hub for the affiliate: answer phones, transfer calls and record messages, general email correspondence and first response to visitors, volunteers and guests at the office
- Provide administrative to all departments: maintain company files, monitor and renew business license and other non-profit certifications
- Provide standard communication on behalf of the affiliate such as thank you letters, appeal letters, newsletter
- Prepare and maintain reports for the affiliate
- Development Support
- Process gifts and send appropriate correspondence
- Support Special events (Women Build, Pinewood Gala, Party with a Purpose)
- Grant writing support and reporting
- Family Services Support
- Maintain and update back ground checks
- Maintain files
- Track sweat equity
- Maintain manuals
- Coordinate groundbreakings and home blessings
- Construction Support
- Maintain vendor, subcontractor and lot files (paper and electronic)
- Track vendors and subcontractors
- Provide administrative support for the construction bid process and document procurement of labor and materials
- Provide administrative support for the warranty process for homeownership and home repair programs
- Communicate work schedules and other pertinent details with home repair partner families
- Perform other duties as required by the CEO
- Position is full-time. Hours are 9:00-5:00, M-F with additional attendance at some affiliate functions on the weekends and after hours.
- This position is classified as FLSA exempt.
- Position reports to the CEO and works closely with the all departments.
- This position requires some driving around Clayton, Henry, and Fayette Counties and therefore is subject to periodic DMV checks for driving records and valid driver’s license.
- This position is subject to a drug and alcohol screening, criminal background check, sex offender screening, and credit background check.
- The Operations Assistant is expected to use discretion and independent judgment in carrying out his/her responsibilities and to represent the organization in a professional, knowledgeable, and collegial manner at all times.
- Other conditions and benefits are explained in the Staff Handbook.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Habitat for Humanity or construction/contracting field is preferred
- Able to meet deadlines and pay attention to details
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, etc), and Google Office Suite (Calendar, Sheets, Docs, Drive, Email), Salesforce, Mail Chimp, Adobe Creator, Adobe Illustrator experience is a plus. This position will require using these programs.
- Able to work well with all staff, independent contractors and people of all races, faiths, and backgrounds
Salary Range/Benefits: Salary will range from $25,000 to $30,000.
Salary commensurate with experience and education, health insurance and 403b retirement plan available after probationary period. We also offer flexible hours, have a great staff, and offer the opportunity to help working families in need of affordable housing solutions.
Job Type: Full-time